Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 
Susan's trip to Brisbane.

Last week I went to Brisbane for work. We're helping out our Brisbane office on a project, so my boss and I went to check out our study area. Brisbane is a beautiful city with a very nice downtown, good transit and a just a nice feel. Although it's the middle of winter, it was sunny and warm and felt like summer in Calgary.














This is proof that I actually went for work. Here's the intersection we're looking at.










We were lucky enough to catch Aussie playing South Africa. This was my first rugby game and after much explanation, I still don't get it. But I had fun at the game. The stadium sits over 50,000 and was near capacity. Rugby is really big over here and apparently NZ is really good at it.

























































On the weekend we drove out to the Gold Coast to check out the beach. Beautiful white sand beaches with a lot of large, new condos. Although the Brisbanites at the office assured us that the water is much too cold to swim in the winter, it was just right. But since the winter scares the locals away, it was a nice time to visit as it wasn't very crowded.
















Although I must be the only person to have ever visited Australia without seeing a single Kangaroo, we did find the possums in a park downtown. They are so cute and just everywhere. But they are quite a pest in Australia and in NZ so we're not supposed to like them.

Overall it was a good trip. I got to meet some nice Aussies and see a little bit of their country. Chris and I intend to take a big trip over to Aussie sometime and we'll definitely see more of Brisbane then (including the crocodile hunter!).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?